The Mission of Camp Blue Diamond
Is to develop and promote programs which provide Christian education, leadership development and stewardship of natural resources for the churches of the Middle District PA Church of the Brethren, and to develop and promote a rental facility providing environmental aesthetics and a warm Christian Spirit in which churches, schools, not-for-profit organizations, families and individuals can retreat for spiritual, educational and physical development.
Camp Blue Diamond is a ministry of the 55 Congregations of the Middle PA District Church of the Brethren. The Church of the Brethren is a nationwide denomination of about 1050 churches and 125,000 members. Founded in 1708 in Germany upon the scriptures of the New Testament, members believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Holy Spirit is God's presence in the world today, baptism must be a conscious choice made by the believer, and that believers should practice social justice, simple living, and peaceful nonresistance to violence. To learn more about the Church of the Brethren you can visit the official church website Brethren.org, or the member driven one CoB-net.org
Camp Blue Diamond is also affiliated with the American Baptist Churches of the Centre Association of ABCOPAD (American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania and Delaware). A representative of the Centre Association sits on the Camp Board of Directors.
CBD is a member of the Church of the Brethren's Outdoor Ministries Association. To learn more about other Church of the Brethren camps, or
the Outdoor Ministries Association visit their website OMA-CoB.org.
Camp Blue Diamond is ACA Accredited
Camp Blue Diamond is proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association.Developed exclusively for the children's camp industry, this nationally recognized program focuses on program and facility quality, hiring and training practices, and health & safety issues. ACA accreditation requires us to review every facet of our operation. Only about one fourth of allchildren's camps are accredited.
Camp Blue Diamond summer camp strives to provide each child with a best quality summer camp experience in a caring, safe, Christian setting, at an affordable cost.
Toward this goal Camp Blue Diamond:
- Requires references, background checks and interviews for all employees
- Trains all summer camp counselors and program staff in American Red Cross 1st Aid and CPR
- Provides all counselors and program staff with an intensive weeklong training before camp begins
- Has a licensed RN or MD on duty 24 hours a day during the summer camp season
- Has an Ordained Minister on duty to provide support and leadership for staff and campers
- Uses contributions by friends and churches to offset the summer camp fee by 1/3
- Provides summer camp scholarships to all families with financial need
- Complies with American Camp Association accreditation standards