The Mission of Camp Blue Diamond
Is to develop and promote programs which provide Christian education, leadership development and stewardship of natural resources for the churches of the Middle District PA Church of the Brethren, and to develop and promote a rental facility providing environmental aesthetics and a warm Christian Spirit in which churches, schools, not-for-profit organizations, families and individuals can retreat for spiritual, educational and physical development.
CBD is a ministry of the 55 Churches of the Middle PA District Church of the Brethren. The Church of the Brethren is a nationwide denomination of about 1000 churches and 125,000 members. Founded in 1708 in Germany upon the scriptures of the New Testament, members believe that Jesus is the Son of God, the Holy Spirit is God's presence in the world today, baptism must be a conscious choice made by the believer, and that believers should practice social justice, simple living, and peaceful nonresistance to violence.
CBD is also affiliated with the American Baptist Churches of the Centre Association of ABCOPAD (American Baptist Churches of Pennsylvania and Delaware).
CBD is a member of the Church of the Brethren's Outdoor Ministries Association.
CBD is proud to be accredited by the American Camp Association. Developed exclusively for the children's camp industry, this nationally recognized program focuses on program and facility quality, hiring and training practices, and health & safety issues. ACA accreditation requires us to review every facet of our operation. Only 1/4 of all children's camps are accredited.
CBD strives to provide each child with a best quality summer camp experience in a caring, safe, Christian setting, at an affordable cost.
Toward this goal CBD:
1. Requires references, background checks and interviews for all employees,
2. Trains all summer camp program staff in American Red Cross 1st Aid and CPR,
3. Provides all counselors and program staff with an intensive weeklong training,
4. Has a licensed RN on duty 24 hours a day during the summer camp season,
5. Has an Ordained Minister on duty to provide support and leadership for staff and campers,
6. Uses gifts by friends and churches to offset the summer camp fee by 1/3,
7. Provides summer camp scholarships to all families with financial need,
8. Complies with American Camp Association accreditation standards and procedures.